Contoured Rudder Tip

Subject: Contoured Rudder Tip
From: Tony Renshaw <renshaw@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 1996 21:33:10
Gidday all,

In the June issue of Flyer is a picture on page 36 of Peter Kembers G-OPJK.
It also displays what looks like a stepped forward tip to the leading edge
of the rudder, as if to alleviate any future fouling problems when mating
the rudder to the fin. Is this a correct assumption, can anyone highlight
the correct amount to remove to replicate it, on the assumption that it is
perceived as being a sensible mod. I'm not sure if Peter is out there
listening,but if you are I'd appreciate your input, as no doubt others might
as well, or anyone else who can help????
Thanks in anticipation.
Regards
Tony Renshaw
P.S. I wish the paintwork on my car shone like this aircraft!