4-star or unleaded??

Subject: 4-star or unleaded??
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 1996 19:25:33
>>I wonder how often you are going to have to change the electric trim motor.<<

Not the point. IMHO a decent sized access hole at the back is vital. Without it
you cannot see if anything is wearing, needs greasing, has come loose or
whatever. I know of no one who can say truthfully that something they have built
will need no maintenance evr again. It's not just the trim motor, there's the
tailwheel, pitch system balance weights, rudder cables and push rod.
I feel much happier when I can see that everything is OK. As an inspector I am
not prepared to crawl down the back of a new (or old) Europa to sign it off for
permit to fly because even then I can't see properly anyway.

Graham