Re: Fillers

Subject: Re: Fillers
From: Tony Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 1996 04:20:47

> I am currently working on the tail kit of my Europa. It has been a
> success so far. I have been using micro to fill any dents and to prepare
> for skin layups. Recently, I tried superlite filler to prepare for layup.
> However, it was very much like trying to spread chewing gum, a slow
> process.

If you get the micro supplied with the Europa kit to the right
consistency then it spreads really easily. If you get it to the point
where soft peaks form (just like making meringues) then it is very
workable but will hold its shape. I needed to use quite a bit when I
had a problem with my rudder
 (see http://www.kaon.co.nz/europa/272index.html)
and as the right consistency it is very workable.

I can't see why you need to go and find any other filler when the
Europa kit specifically includes everything you need.

Tony