followup on build time

Subject: followup on build time
From: Bill Barham <williamb@ibmoto.com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 1996 15:50:26
About a week ago, I asked the list for feedback on how long it takes
to build a Europa and I indicated I would post a summary.   So far I
have only recieved one response (thank you, Peter), which estimated
his projected build time to be 2000 to 2500 hours.  The factory
brochure gives a build time of 500 hours, however, in a recent
article, Ivan states that the a "plain vanilla" plane should take
700-800 to build.  He makes a good point that a lot of extra time
could be used up on the engine, panel, interior, and finishing.
With this in mind, total completion time could vary widely.  I am
still interested in trying to estimate the total construction time,
but now I think the best approach is by gathering the individual
component build times.  If any builders are keeping track of their
hours, email me your numbers and I will keep a database that I will
periodically post to the mailing list.  Thanks.

Bill Barham  512-795-7005             PowerPC Group, Somerset
williamb@ibmoto.com                   Motorola -- Austin, TX.
williamb@jump.net