Re: Pondering your brake/puncture problem

Subject: Re: Pondering your brake/puncture problem
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 1996 16:44:37
The trouble with going for less than max retraction is that you don't get full
flap either. There seems to be a degree of flexibility in the whole system so
that when everything is connected up, that means outriggers too, flap deflection
may be less than the required 25 deg min. Another variable is the preload on the
rubber block. We had to go for max leverage on the flap operating lever as well
as max retraction. We plan to close the gaps at the sides with a fairing over
the wheel.
Graham