Wing front lift pin removal

Subject: Wing front lift pin removal
From: Rolph Muller <100031.533@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 1995 08:39:24
For anyone about to replace their short lift pins with longer ones, the question
is how long to heat them for. I used a pencil torch available from most DIY
stores. Heat for one minute, leave for 30secs, one minute heat again and another
30 sec break and finally a further one minute heat followed by turning with a
large mole wrench. I should add I used fibre glass roof insulation and two
layers of aluminium foil to protect the area and there was only a very small
amount of visible tearing of the top layer of glass which is easily fixed. I
don't think anything else moved, but I guess I will only find out when I rig the
wings again.
Have fun and if the whole thing bursts into flames don't blame me!!