engine

Subject: engine
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 1995 03:36:05
>>So I have here the 912 and it makes me feel safe - it is an engine
that is certified and has proven itself on many platforms. The Europa
is designed around it. The 914 seems too young and unfinished and the
extra 20 hp are not worth 4000 $ to me.

I agree with all of that, however extra power, whilst it won't get you much in
speed will get you a lot in rate of climb and take off performance. The only
thing that worries me about having a 912, which we have in our Europa, is hot
and high take offs. Ivan and I had one in YURO in Switzerland a couple of years
ago. Suffice to say that the old bird looked after us while making us look a bit
silly. ;-o

OTH it might be possible to retro fit the turbo.

Graham