Re: Oil Tank and cowling.

Subject: Re: Oil Tank and cowling.
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 1995 20:00:35
>>I understand Ivan's problem.  If you put the radiator as a belley scoop
then it is directly behind the mono-wheel undercarrage.

Could go either side of the wheel. Thinking about the required inlet size, is
there a simple rule of thumb formula for radiator size per horse power per climb
speed? Another thought, it's a pity contraflow rads aren't more common, ie cold
air in at the front, hot water in at the back. I learnt that was the ideal at
college. Long time ago :-(

I think I will have to try a chin scoop to keep things simple and give more room
under the silencer, which at the moment completely blocks the lower part of the
cowl.

Graham