Re: Europa-List: Reaming of spar and CM bushes

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Reaming of spar and CM bushes
From: D McFadyean <amimcfadyean@talktalk.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2019 09:30:54
I would add that in level flight at 1g, my spar pins are as easy to rotate
in their holes as when sat on the ground.

DMcF.

> On 11 August 2019 at 09:19 D McFadyean <ami-mcfadyean@talktalk.net> wrote
:

>     That analysis assumes the fuselage structure to be inelastic and utte
rly unyielding, whilst the spar is privaleged to flex.

>     All of the vertical loads going in to the lift pins have to pass thro
ugh the fus structure too, which will yield to a greater or lesser extent.

>     Duncan Mcf.
>
>         > > On 10 August 2019 at 22:47 Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com> wrote:
> >

> >         What i have never understood, is why the cockpit module spar pi
n bushings are not vertical slots, because when the wings are flexing under
 G, the lift pins take the fuse lift loads,  and the spar flexing (under po
sitive G) actually force the spar pins _downard_  against the cockpit modul
e....obviously totally counter-productive.

> >         Pete
> >         A239
> >
> >         On Aug 10, 2019, at 5:29 PM, Bud Yerly < budyerly@msn.com mailt
o:budyerly@msn.com > wrote:

> >             > > >
> > >             Fred,
> > >
> > >             Back before my time when mod 52 was done for the GW incre
ase.  The classic had two 3/8 pins originally.  Mod 52 uses the =C2=BD inch
 pins and a spar strap .

> > >             As the wings pull forward under load, the fuselage would
flex so they put in the cross bar and the new sockets.

> > >             Then the concern was that the starboard wing spar could b
ecome dislodged from the socket and interfere with controls.  The quick fix
 was to hold in the spar tip with a pip pin.  The port wing was figured wou
ld stay put, and the spar strap would prevent flexing of the spar.

> > >             That is all I know.  Andy would have the particulars on t
he detailed history.  It sort of all makes sense.

-europa-list-server@matronics.com <owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com m