RE: Europa-List: Re: Classic Exhaust mount - anti-seize compound necessa

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Re: Classic Exhaust mount - anti-seize compound necessary?
From: Christoph Both <christoph.both@acadiau.ca>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 14:19:47
Hello Classic Europa builders and flyers:
I need some advice if I need to bother putting anti-seize compound to the h
eader/cylinder head connection and in particular applying it to the mating
exhaust tube connections sliding together all 4 headers and the muffler ass
embly. The Classic set up leaves much to be desired in regard to possible n
eeds to occasionally disassemble the muffler/header combination to get unde
r the engine for possible initial inspections during the first 25 hours of
flight service. I am concerned that the tubes might be getting pitted and s
tuck preventing easy on filed disassembly - is this the case? On the other
hand I don't like to introduce less friction between the mating tube parts
during engine running perhaps created by the anti-seizing compound acting l
ike a grease, thus allowing easier fretting of the stainless steel tubes.
Your advice is much appreciated.
Christoph Both
#223 Wolfville, Nova Scotia, Canada