Re: Europa-List: Re: Classic Exhaust mount - anti-seize compound necessa

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Classic Exhaust mount - anti-seize compound necessary?
From: Frank Mycroft <frankm@clara.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 11:28:01
Christoph

I have no problem dropping the exhaust assembly on my Classic.  You only
have to remove the front two manifold connections, the pipe to the cabin
heat, and the springs and the whole assembly will drop down.  I squirt
WD40 into the two vertical sliding connections and as long as the two
sides are lowered equally there is no problem.  If one side drops just a
bit more than the other they will lock up, and the same when replacing
the assembly.  I have never had any signs of fretting of the sliding
joints or even leakage at the manifold, although I have never used any
sort of sealant.

Frank Mycroft