Re: Fuel system questions

Subject: Re: Fuel system questions
From: KARL HEINDL <KHEINDL@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 14:11:33

Hi Curtis,

I am not sure about your tank connections, it was too long ago. But for the
Andair
gascolator I
poceeded as follows:
I mounted the mini-gascolator and also the fuel pump right next to the nose gear
frame against the
tunnel wall, there is just enough clearance. The gascolator is lower down, and
it has its own
drain, which can be operated from the outside. The fuselage at the forward part
of the tunnel
in front of the bulkhead was left completely open for access. The manual tells
you to cut
a T for the landing gear frame only. But how will you ever change the bungee
without
removing
the complete engine ? I had to redo my bungee and it was very simply done from
the bottom
(you need two pairs of hands, and have to lie on your back).

This solution makes for the shortest fuel line run.

I also installed the Europa drain kit, it is mandatory in Canada. In my opinion,
though, it is
a complete waste of time and money, as the actual drain point is a few
centimeters
up from
the bottom of the tank, which could still be full of water in theory.

Karl Heindl,   392