Europa-List: Re: 181 Receives Planned Upgrades

To: europa-list@matronics.com
Subject: Europa-List: Re: 181 Receives Planned Upgrades
From: "Area-51" <goldsteinindustrial@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2023 18:23:44 -0800
Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com designates 96.68.171.19 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com; dmarc=fail (p=NONE sp=QUARANTINE dis=NONE) header.from=gmail.com
Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=reply-to:precedence:sender:content-transfer-encoding:to:date:from :subject:message-id:mime-version; bh=H7Aby5Ezb/TID9gahy5MYVfKavWt9DZJkjWk6GQisJ4=; fh=TSc/TjETBhvodhpPk22Odkh8ydGz7jv//j7B1ydUATs=; b=1HANZxB+1AyGwIWcUnwvssk4HnFEaAAfMhKFwPoKe+GHvvTn+/ElGL4+r3MzXtAUwz qaniBYewTLrRVP4i+lMZ6uN0PEMSyGCoF/dhg3gd7Dqz+oBbIEyCVGX1r0DYTBhLhmRF IvPd2QWQwEEnatGi9gxH3eUPrxFd1JwYJWZ8M09YcyBd6LczbZ7ieaNW8J7yfPlV9BAD gEKD3VPPvqpBF10l0oUdKgJEaBalgi69Kjase3/RJ40kYQ6hLnDZgL2NFChmd47gwN7Q /mYavtVUOua6Lh/7/E04t57RpVv+Csx2mgKbly9uuYpmPE6LBh17m0UmExHWEYvBnkVM ++hA==
Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1704075915; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=I6qgdmcQJaXyoFWsqIn+Kw9I6rrP2xAB/qExtTYtJutYW0LZmS906QIuCKH6WymXKg gFc7ScwWl6zwX5qvHmd929OFcbCI0sbJdhcmIEDB5y+0vHVZThdizQk+MNZj+Ix618ev we9Ozk/0wfW6Qitt7F+S2FQrhtTC/nXa3BfwF+JodgeB/6AmfGdTPtZ020P/pkGh3IcI TbT+ulkIss+l8p3VZ++5cvDxfSay/YK8a74bMkbclU39NAruio+LUFi+mQd0TQ71zt3+ FRsL9FpzvtRkOFlu+S3tQKdF/ri6guSfxLTHMe2xyKcdmh7pmdOhRGstMrQLRgrGvQbv OrAg==
Sender: owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com
--> Europa-List message posted by: "Area-51" <goldsteinindustrial@gmail.com>

[quote="phillik747"]That is nice setup!  Are you willing to share those 3d
files?

I have been on the fence with and av-30 setup, but it seems you have to be in
the ecosystem for a working ads-b solution.  Your setup is impressive.

My main holdup on an AV-30 solution is working with what I already have. I
wrote my own altitude encoder software that listens to pressure altitude given
over wifi in NMEA format.  It then relays that in ICARUS format over RS232.  I
have been wondering if I can utilize the signal coming from the AV-30 (using
their AV-Link) and convert it. Or connect to it over rs232 to capture the data.
That way I can use the AV-30 to update the pressure altitude on the GTX-327,
via my script, and use the EchoUAT for ADS-B out/in.  This is all hypothetical
since I dont have an AV-30 to test with.

My script is on github:
https://github.com/icarus747/PicoICARUS

[img]https://i.imgur.com/FKRuoDD.png[/img]

/Kyle[/quote]

Thanks Kyle - Will check the script out; i'm not a natural at code writing but
can understand it after a lot of mumblings.

I can't speak highly enough about the AV-30 solution. However my assumption
regarding ILS being added down the line was incorrect; hardware limitations
will not allow this; which is why the PilotIII with its glide slope feature is
being retained. Currently seeing if an RS232 sentence is allocated on this.

The Uavionix platform just works. Its hassle free integration makes
installation  as easy as Instal Setting feature select and Calibration
procedure performed either once inflight or preflight depending on feature set.
At the moment firmware updates require instrument removal but the tales have
been put in place to add an RS232 update port when required. One of the units
totally died on a firmware upgrade; out of warranty and Uavionix sent out a new
replacement straight away. The connector pins for me are the only let down; i
would prefer to see a full closed tube crimp terminal rather than open roll
over tab solution.

The GTX327 will not communicate directly with AV-30 for either I/O ALTITUDE
data or SQUAWK. This was my original planned setup. It would require a
translator box and i didn't need yet another project that might not work. That
being said the GTX327 with ALT-ENCODER and ADSB out interface will work just
fine. It won't work however with the GARMIN GAE12 digital encoder used on
GTX330 TX. Some EFIS and EEMS solutions can supply Serial RS232 Altitude data
to the GTX327 also.

Are dual AV-30 units required for DG / AH function? No, a single head unit will
perform both functions and is hot swappable in flight. The Garmin G5 does not
offer this, but you do get ILS functionality.

Read this topic online here:

_-= Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ,
_-= Photoshare, and much much more:
_-=
_-=   --> http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
_-=
_-============================================================
_-=               - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS -
_-= Same great content also available via the Web Forums!
_-=
_-=   --> http://forums.matronics.com
_-=
_-=              - NEW MATRONICS LIST WIKI -
_-= Add some info to the Matronics Email List Wiki!
_-=   --> http://wiki.matronics.com
_-=             - List Contribution Web Site -
_-=  Thank you for your generous support!
_-=                              -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
_-=   --> https://matronics.com/contribution