Europa-List: Re: Bing 64 Choke Cable Terminal/bolt

To: europa-list@matronics.com
Subject: Europa-List: Re: Bing 64 Choke Cable Terminal/bolt
From: "rparigoris" <rparigor@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2023 12:27:49 -0700
Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com designates 96.68.171.19 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com; dmarc=fail (p=NONE sp=NONE dis=NONE) header.from=hotmail.com
Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=reply-to:precedence:sender:content-transfer-encoding:to:date:from :subject:message-id:mime-version; bh=lYrnm0WWZFg+aG8FuVxZrxG2YZbDLfSSzYSTAE4GFto=; fh=TSc/TjETBhvodhpPk22Odkh8ydGz7jv//j7B1ydUATs=; b=fjqKskmr8vBLkFfrqGoFMiGDG5i8gNSxPUp9t4vFWgyQ51AykkpeuLpFvhAReJvl53 7OyDh2GRv+7feqln4TECgYpcddjwbEaGMDhS6NRyyL0NWdNV3bhKzPNaLjl4Kh0o3M/V /nCvewE5HGAWKIkj/48VUvYAwFnvHHP564fa3VTH2Mwp3qWtm61tjlRjGjU6U9MMaEyk 7EBq6zDRly6Pe0QUzcN6+O8UtbZfHkVElAGY5WRC1sUwhUGyKbuO03R3ApkN0QT/i9Oa UWdstaR/Rd2fyCRX33WZPtFcY0N2IfjUEYEif51qarugxpkdjwkvwKyxOaUW77LocJy8 mUGA==
Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1697225387; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=B57JYNm7BC0C4/Ywtxo6rLnz99ZeBsBxg5rSKWCoKREn4rcqP1TkGLLa53J6wdghv9 Wjb+gcFreBrfkv4Qckj4l7rGAFLES4p3Ocyl3TV85HvpAkDoYi3H6x8jR+hpTuu+qkH7 vZ9nwzCeAC3Sr6IWcCXKtQap/X2apcJkrIKDGGfp8mIJjhxdyO5MY1Rya49mE22LzaqJ 9HUQCKy/dnEuyfV+zFkZRkTjiAOYD3VuMMECs9bHVLItwqFi5AKHmiURiKMRwzYbIfLQ x4iFhA+g3B9fBd3/EbewPEmNjM//GPOXsiIpZYzaJiB1L23GslvgD+QxNIC4vD6ie80N bs1Q==
Sender: owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com
--> Europa-List message posted by: "rparigoris" <rparigor@hotmail.com>

Hi Phil I have a 914 with type 64 carbs. The choke arm has a slot in one of the
sides. The unit I have is meant for a cable with a swedged end barrel. I tried
using the barrels that came with my FWF kit with no joy. For starters the OD of
the barrel was too small, but that wasn't the entire story. Because using a
barrel where you use a fastener to hold the cable in place has the end of the
cable sticking out of one side where if you had a swedged end there would be no
tail. No matter what I tried when using a  barrel, 1 out of a dozen actuations
the tail would get caught in the slot and not allow the choke to fully close.
This is not a good thing because if choke is opened just a little at higher
power settings it will make the mixture lean.
I ended up making a Brass barrel out of a Hex where it in fact it now has a
head. This holds thinks nicely captured where the tail can't get caught in the
slot. Another builder installed a McFarland throttle cable and I think it does
a similar thing (not positive) to hold the barrel inboard to keep the tail from
getting hung up in the slot.
Here's a link to my Type 64 install:
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ah1S270Nwg9VgeE0IvqA5O_QBKWt3g?e=aRlmfJ
You probably have to copy and paste URL because for whatever reason Matronics
breaks it up.
Using Purple Loctite on the setscrew.
Note the throttle stops on the throttle housing mounting screws. It allows
adjusting idle from the cockpit. I wasn't sure how much cam action I might need
so I made 2 with different offsets.
Ron P.

Read this topic online here:

_-= Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ,
_-= Photoshare, and much much more:
_-=
_-=   --> http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
_-=
_-============================================================
_-=               - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS -
_-= Same great content also available via the Web Forums!
_-=
_-=   --> http://forums.matronics.com
_-=
_-=              - NEW MATRONICS LIST WIKI -
_-= Add some info to the Matronics Email List Wiki!
_-=   --> http://wiki.matronics.com
_-=             - List Contribution Web Site -
_-=  Thank you for your generous support!
_-=                              -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
_-=   --> https://matronics.com/contribution