Re: Europa-List: Cooling impact of using firesleeve on oil lines

To: europa-list@matronics.com
Subject: Re: Europa-List: Cooling impact of using firesleeve on oil lines
From: timward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2023 07:48:35 +1200
Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com designates 96.68.171.19 as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com; dmarc=fail (p=NONE sp=REJECT dis=NONE) header.from=xtra.co.nz
Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=reply-to:precedence:sender:to:message-id:date:subject:mime-version :from:content-transfer-encoding; bh=j2siRCx1ZAPZJAHCN3MGKbfKiMieanfRUmV8bqSi3XY=; fh=TSc/TjETBhvodhpPk22Odkh8ydGz7jv//j7B1ydUATs=; b=MlwR6JTUzN8kteg2H1IZDxa4VZ3Z5esVsyL/C3XlTKM+Dg5t3J/oMR6BjdMy85P81M BaQTq21O2Byq4N3M4Iz/c84BQRMyGS44EPwV5DRO59lIss3QF2y6eAr66qT/FG2bzvT8 EYU2wYFuk7T4iwCRDXq5K2WGakg6Vo7A198jRrzinuzklsug+Qk4kCYJpCNawPhCXSbS cIdos/sL4b/JG1uOQN9tsoxfwnYXNg6ul4dqK6oS2wNw88rTcVw13Saep9h//zIVSiJm ItjD2d61KV3FF3c8KACYQjpKN3RADV71/chY6ut45ymEwPx5vm5/PTdVvSBs1J3JHDX/ yowA==
Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1693511507; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=JxG2NAjhX3YT1DtyX+ZSX94qqJpiEWSRv/tozLrlV5/6QLV7qipwzA/9Exx7EuQzrd wXg4cji5KMRplnGShjd5OXTBDPqBdY55Q3d3+IfSSXFaUJbDlF/KEnJWWqf8A6FiWHHM aK/WA+kvMO3Y2wkIhpxnPuNn9toGGi/r5+xV78JandCXoFcYcf8gzWZ075U/GHcwSMf8 RqmYQax3bqzNfd6Xg7IUiwokuOp/NWjJNDi4qOFzi1kyZpDtE6RhwbupLGeXx2l2MjEG jeU+Gg0QAVAUNuwCPC6Lql1iheCg+YPzQh5q1lQOkwk0LgL9AU6eC8iMTbYyfgnL/UPa CmXw==
Sender: owner-europa-list-server@matronics.com
Hi David,
I have the Monowheel Classic with the Rotax 912ULS 100hp. This produces 8% more
heat as compared to the Rotax 912UL. Consequently I moved the oil cooler from
behind the port radiator to underneath the gearbox/spinner. I created an inlet
in the bottom cowl, without creating a ‘spitfire nose’ inlet, to allow air to
flow freely through the cooler and exit out the bottom of the cowl next to the
exhaust. I also have the Rotax shroud over the cylinders and created an inlet
either side of the spinner, one for air to flow under the shroud, the other for
cabin air. With this arrangement I do not have any problems with cooling. I
would not think any firesleeve/silver foil tubing would make a difference to
the temperature. The piggy back oil coolant on port radiator is not very
effective, as the air exit flow path is not good. I will send you  a photo to
clarify what I have done.
Cheers, Tim

Sent from my iPad
Tim Ward