Europa-List: Re: access hatches on neville eyre's cowl - hinge query

Subject: Europa-List: Re: access hatches on neville eyre's cowl - hinge query
From: JonathanMilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2023 06:14:16

My Neville Eyre cowl hatch hinges have the hinge knuckle upwards. The hinges are
the same as used for ailerons and anti servo tabs, so if the hinge flaps are
tucked under the cowl, then the knuckles are about flush with the cowl top
surface.

I used the smallest pop rivets through the cowl with countersunk heads flush
with
the cowl top surface. Three such little rivets through each hinge flap results
in two neat rows of rivets per hinge and I saw no need to cover or paint the
rivet heads.

Of course the cowl hatches only open about 90 degrees, but this is plenty for
giving
access to the oil and coolant caps.

Read this topic online here: