Re: Europa-List: Filter on the fuel vent

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Filter on the fuel vent
From: Raimo Toivio <raimo.toivio@rwm.fi>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2023 16:56:08
Hello Olivier!

If you had a filter, do you remember or bother to check it every
preflight? If blocked during the flight, what to do but land.

I have used a modified Cessna pitot cover over fuel vents since 2007
when parked inside or out (its not covering those little pressure holes).

Insects may cause accidents, but also if they happen to lay eggs to your
tubes - a hermit wasps nest is also a known killer.

https://generalaviationnews.com/2019/05/10/insect-in-pitot-tube-causes-accident/

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/aaib-report-various-aircraft-blockage-of-pitot-probes-by-insects-heathrow-airport

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birgenair_Flight_301

allekirjoitus2 Cheers, Raimo Toivio

signature

Europa XS Monowheel OH-XRT #417 2007
Antonov AN-2 TDSRM AirCamper HA-MDO 1987
Beechcraft C18 Twin OH-BLL 1953

37500 Lempl
FINLAND
p. +358 3 3753 777