Re: Europa-List: What Did You Do With Your Europa This Week - 28/05/23

Subject: Re: Europa-List: What Did You Do With Your Europa This Week - 28/05/23
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2023 14:00:54

Hello Area 51 - just looking at your trips on google Earth - the numbers dont
seem
to line up. Your triangular tour of "today" suggests that you are based
somewhere
near Murwillumbah, but that is only about 88nm from Tenterfield; is the
220nm the round-trip distance?

in friendship

Rowland

> On 2023-05-28, at 12:10, Area-51 <goldsteinindustrial@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Wednesday flew 181 220nm to Tenterfield and back; a nice flight...
>
> Thursday introduced 181 to visiting IFFR Section Leader, Penelope Cornwall.
>
> Today took off at 07.30 and flew SW inland 92nm to South Grafton for $100
> coffee,
and then E back along the river at 1000' via Bob's field at Palmers Island
for a biscuit, then N back up the coast to finish off the 82nm return with a
cup of tea; another great day out with great conditions; a real rabble of sorts
we were, 181, Sinus, Bushcat, Savannah... The Bushcat was flat out at 5500rpm
and 76kt squadron cruise speed... next was the Savannah at 5200rpm... then
the Virus at 4800rpm... then 181 sitting at the back on 3800rpm... used a whole
gallon and a half per hour for our 3hr breakfast raid... tested more toward
Vx on departure off 26 at South Grafton; needles said 2000fpm and 70kt