Europa-List: Re: The Obsidian File - Mono Wheel Fairing

Subject: Europa-List: Re: The Obsidian File - Mono Wheel Fairing
From: clivesutton <clive.maf@googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2023 12:13:50

Area-51, i follow your posts with great interest - thanks for posting all this
in images we can all visualise.

A question that you might know some answers to: do you have any drag data that
relates to EACH of the individual speed kit fairings, please?

The reason i ask is that i took the view when fitting my Mono speed kit
fairings,
that the inboard and mid-flap brackets would not benefit from fairings - on
the basis that they would increase frontal area whereas the brackets as they
stand are just 'blades' in the airflow.  I fitted the outrigger bracket fairings
though.

But i have no data to substantiate that action - just a gut feel.

I would be most grateful for your view - and if you have the time/interest, it
would be useful if we could see the effectiveness of each of the factory
fairings
for each type as well . . .??

Read this topic online here: