Europa-List: Re: The Obsidian File - Mono Wheel Fairing

Subject: Europa-List: Re: The Obsidian File - Mono Wheel Fairing
From: Area-51 <goldsteinindustrial@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 15:26:26

Thanks for the input there Bud; always thought provoking..

Gaps and edges can be noise generators. The semi enclosed fairing has a large
gap
at the rear to allow tyre passing. On something like the europa installing
bristle brushes at the gaps might offer an affective cheap and light solution
here.

Cooling ducts on 3D printers are a real challenge. I did one a few years back as
i wasnt happy with the factory side flow versions; so i designed up a really
affective single head unit which resulted in a 150g lighter print head; took
five assumptions to get the flow balance correct... works great! Let me know if
you are interested, can send you the STL file, ready to print.

Read this topic online here: