Re: Europa-List: Tri-gear nose wheel O ring size & NGO5 dimensions.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tri-gear nose wheel O ring size & NGO5 dimensions.
From: Bud Yerly <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2023 17:39:58
Not quite Paul.

NG05 is 3.00 IN OD, 1.0 IN ID, PIN HOLE 1/4 IN Centered between ID , and OD
 edges or 0.5 inches from the edge.  ABS plastic.  I would machine from FRP
 G10 of 1/8 inch thick.  Easy to do on a drill press.  Buy the FRP, 3" Hole
 saw has to be 3" ID so I use a 3 1/8 OD instrument hole saw.  CLOSE ENOUGH
.

The O-ring depends on your depth cut of the steel spacer defining the O rin
g recess.

Ideal O ring is 1/8 inch thick. 1 inch ID, 1 1/8 OD.  SOME are in need of a
 3/16 thick Oring with ID of 1" to seal properly due to builder tolerances
in modifying the original non sealed base.  This was a cut and file mod .
Some cut the bearings, others the steel to preserve the bushing thickness.
 Idea was to prevent grease from running out on the plate.  That leaky grea
se decreased friction and was a continuing shimmy issue.  Seal the base and
 life is good.

Make sure the spindle is square to the yoke.

Bud Yerly