Europa-List: Canopy ball stud

Subject: Europa-List: Canopy ball stud
From: JonathanMilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2023 02:33:54

Does anyone know the dimensions of the canopy ball studs, please? What is the
thread
and the diameter of the ball ? Here are links to suppliers:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112402496613?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=cIQwD279Q8a&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=dW2b1pNUSLS&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

https://www.sgs-engineering.com/gas-struts/end-fixings/ball-extensions

I've fitted new gas struts which are proving sticky / jerky when opening the
canopies
a little, then become smoother when the canopy opens wider. A threaded
end has broken off one ball stud and I'm loathe to unscrew another in order to
make measurement of the thread.

Hopefully the gas struts will become smoother in operation with the passage of
time.

Read this topic online here: