Re: Europa-List: Europa Club Membership location map trial

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa Club Membership location map trial
From: Rowland Carson <rowlandcarson@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2023 15:12:02
On 2023-02-16, at 08:41, Hitchflight <bobhitchcock@icloud.com> wrote:

> https://www.theeuropaclub.org/news/member-location-map-trial

Bob - I hope that many members will support this - it looks a good idea.

Am I correct in thinking that the intention is to show home addresses,
NOT aircraft bases? With so many Rotax engines being stolen, I would not
want to have pointers published that thieves could use to locate
potential targets. Yes, I know the map will be members-only, but the
black hats may well have the tools to circumvent website security as
well as the ones used to liberate engines!

I=99ve recently been doing something similar with online maps
using the Leaflet templates, which I found really easy to use - see:

http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk/wed_walks/pubs_map.php
<http://www.rowlandcarson.org.uk/wed_walks/pubs_map.php>

in friendship

Rowland