Re: Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your europa this week - 22/12/

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your europa this week - 22/12/22
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2022 18:15:37

Careful not to wear and pocket the gearbox dogs with such a lightly loaded prop
and low rpm.

Cheers PeteZ
C-GNPZ

> On Dec 25, 2022, at 5:30 PM, Area-51 <goldsteinindustrial@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Neither Vy or Vx...
>
> 75kt is my loiter speed in calm air; flaps and undercarriage retracted..
> setting
the rpm at 3900 the aircraft will tootle along happily once trimmed; at 3800rpm
it will tootle along at 70kt and is just starting to feel a little bit mushy
but still quite stable.

> 80kt on climb out at 5000rpm returns 1600fpm at 500' AMSL and seems to be the
Vy so far...

> Still need to do some upper air work to see what Vx actually is; power on
> stall
is 53kt.

> The flaps are about 1deg extended when retracted, and the ailerons are about
1/2deg positive at neutral; so this would affecting the flight characteristics
of the wing at various velocities. Not sure if John had intentionally set things
up like that; he had a valid reason for all his mods when building.