Europa-List: Re: OVP

Subject: Europa-List: Re: OVP
From: rparigoris <rparigor@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 12:52:13

Hi Group  We know that poor connections cause high resistance. Push a lot of
current
through a high resistance joint and it makes heat. As far as Rotax Faston
connectors, many of the old engines have really crappy Fastons for the job at
hand. Probably just plated copper. There are better Fastons made out of Phosphor
Bronze. I urged B+C to make it known in the install manual, don't know if
they did or not. Anyway I think they sell them as an install kit and hope they
are including with the Regulator. At least the high current 2 yellow wires
should
have them installed. I bent mine to give a little extra tension and dabbed
on a little CRC 2-26 (ACF-50 works too). I forget the name of the I think German
Regulato5r Mfg, but it would not honor warranty unless Phospher Bronze Fastons
were used. Here's B&C link to their offering:
https://bandc.com/product/fk514-3-field-kit-avc1/
Ron P.

Read this topic online here: