Re: Europa-List: Anti Door Warping

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Anti Door Warping
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2022 20:26:34

Im still planning on adding an over-center cam into the rebate to take all the
compressed (closed) forces of the gas strut, totally unloading the door when
closed.

Just haven't got to it yet, just like my cable-handle door hinge-pins inverted
escape puller :)

Cheers,
PeteZ

> On Dec 5, 2022, at 7:51 PM, rparigoris <rparigor@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hi Area 51
> Seems you kinda like uncovering Europa secrets using your computer. Perhaps
> you
want to give a try  and uncover the secret geometry of passive pin that will
actually pull down the top aft edge of door. In addition, install of a passive
mid door sill pin and striker that keeps door nicely in place and will prevent
bulge. These two tips came from Neville. He preferred leaving the gas cylinder
mount original location (compared to factory mod), reinforce corner with
some CF and install passive pin. It took a number of E-Mails to get it straight
in my mind precise details. After making a perfect model, got it figured.