Re: Europa-List: Re: installation of Stall Strips

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: installation of Stall Strips
From: Pete <peterz@zutrasoft.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 07:49:06

I would guess they provide more of a warning and less of a wing drop for those
situations where the pilot is distracted due to circumstance?  I instead added
both a Smartass Talking ASI and a CYA100 AOA to both bark at me when im getting
too close when in that situation. Fingers xd.

Cheers,
PeteZ

> On Oct 11, 2022, at 4:03 AM, Area-51 <goldsteinindustrial@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> These are all great and I'm genuinely having trouble understanding how anyone
can still or would want to stall an aircraft's wing once they've memorised the
stall stick position of that individual aircraft? Just don't go there unless
you intentionally or unintentionally want to enter a spin or are 12" off the
deck shooting for a touchdown... The europa exhibits sufficient amount off
pre-stall
buffeting on the stabilator to tell the pilot "hey things are about to
get really pear shaped, unload the stick"!! But i guess the stall strips will
just amplify this, so that's a good thing...