Europa-List: Re: Fuel tank inspection plate design

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Fuel tank inspection plate design
From: Dave Disney <davedisney@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2022 09:32:24

ppsel03 wrote:
> @Dave, do you or anyone have a 3D Model of the fuel tank? ( autocad,
> solidworks,
STL file)  I submitted the PDF to Fuel Safe .... crickets so far.  Would love
to have at least one bladder that didn't leak...
> ;-)
>

> Dave Disney wrote:
> > .....at first, I explored installing a bladder inside the tank as I really
didnt like the idea of installing a new tank. .....
> > I approached several bladder manufacturers, but they all wanted thousands to
produce a bladder .....

No I don't have a 3D file or the tank. I mocked up the internal shape of the
tank
using plywood and mouldings from the inside of the tank using modeling clay
which I was able to do once I had cut the access hole in the tank top, this I
did on a new tank from Europa but id could be done in situ. I then used the
mouldings
(front, back and saddle area) to weld up the bladder which I could do
by leaving a tank top seal unwelded to get the formers out. That just left one
straight seam to weld which I could do over a former that was retrieved through
the access hole after welding.

Read this topic online here: