Europa-List: Re: Wing Pin ?Play=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=9D?

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Wing Pin ?Play=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=9D?
From: JDA <johndavidamos@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2022 13:42:04

Update to my wobbly rear wing pin issue (the metal pin on the wing root behind
the main spar)... It was "rocking" slightly within its thread. MOD 52 and MOD
74 had been carried out. I spoke to Andy Draper who deduced that the Loctite had
either failed,  or insufficient had originally been applied. He said that it
was probably not significant structurally but might be a fretting issue. He
recommended applying a "wicking" loctite to the thread which should penetrate
by capillary action - rig before it sets!

Read this topic online here: