Europa-List: Re: Black Plastic Static Vent

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Black Plastic Static Vent
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2022 14:15:03

I fixed mine and ready for Saturday breakfast.

In my case I broke the static tip in the hangar and the piece was embedded in my
skull so no need to make a new tip (well, just kidding, the piece was in the
floor).

The fix was simple, the ID of the tip was exactly 1/8". Just ordered a hobby
grade
1/8" OD brass tube, cut a small section and press fit into what is left of
the plastic tip inside the pitot tube assembly and then press fit the black tip
making sure not to block the holes. I did add a drop of CA glue but probably
not doing anything. It is nice and tight though.

I wholeheartedly agree with Bud in that it would be wise to have a spare of some
kind or make it easy to vent to the cockpit. One day I experimented with venting
inside the cockpit and did not notice a difference with the outside vent.

Cheers,
Chris

Read this topic online here:

Attachments: