Re: Europa-List: Re: I think I found the leak!

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: I think I found the leak!
From: Brad Shafer <bshafer708@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2022 19:47:03
Like many others, I woke up to gas on the floor and a crack in the
tank. Mine was low on the saddle. I liked what Dave Disney had done so
I drained the tank and created an opening in the top. With the ability
to inspect the inside of the tank (which is a very nice option to
have!), I found another narrow crack in the bottom corner that must
have been there for awhile.

Given the placement of the cracks, I couldn't find a way to gain access
with a heat gun so I needed to find another option. I found this (
https://tbbonding.com/) as an option to patch poly tanks. I talked with
them and felt good about trying. I like the idea that the patch is
flexible and will expand with the tank.

Worst case, it doesn't work and I do the full tank replacement. The
bonding process was straight forward and fairly easy with access to the
inside of the tank. So far it is holding well but I'm going to do some
more testing to make sure. I'll keep everyone updated.