Re: Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week 7/23 -

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week 7/23 -
From: timward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 10:36:42
Hi Jim,
Great photos and what an amazing turn out to the meeting. Well done. Great t
o see 2 Kiwis there too! Jealous and very envious.
Cold down here in New Zealand with flooding in Christchurch, again!
Have a safe trip home.
Cheers, Tim

Sent from my iPad
Tim Ward
12 Waiwetu Street,
Fendalton,
Christchurch, 8052
New Zealand.
ward.t@xtra.co.nz
021 0640221

> On 29/07/2022, at 4:38 AM, h&amp;jeuropa <butcher43@att.net> wrote:

.net>

> Sunday we flew to Oshkosh, a normal 2 hour trip that took over 4 hours. Ou
r departure was IFR until we descended to 2000 ft MSL under a broken layer o
ver Wisconsin. We stopped at Hartford (KHXF) to top up with fuel as there we
re already many planes in the arrival sequence, even before the first waypoi
nt. We got part way in the arrival when the airport was closed due to a coup
le of landing incidents (gusty cross winds), so we diverted to Dodge City (K
UNU) and waited a couple of hours. We then joined the arrival about 15 miles
 from the first waypoint and proceeded inbound. While on downwind over the a
irport, we were told there was safety equipment on the runway and to just st
ay in the pattern with 3 other aircraft. We did 4 circuits and were finally c
leared to land. We landed with the same amount of fuel as we had added at Ha
rtford! The photos are over Lake Michigan and traffic on the arrival.

> There were 21 people at the Europa forum with 4 from the UK and 2 from NZ.
 This is the biggest attendance ever! Everyone introduced themselves and the
ir project. We talked about a fly in at Rough River, the recent club survey,
 ethanol fuel and Erich Trombley described his new E-Prop=99s design a
nd his initial evaluation. Many walked to where the three monowheels (Trombl
ey, John Wigney and us) were parked to examine and ask questions, especially
 of Erich!

=========
=========
=========