Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week 7/23 - 7/29

Subject: Europa-List: Re: What did you do with your Europa this week 7/23 - 7/29
From: h&amp;jeuropa <butcher43@att.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 09:31:32

Sunday we flew to Oshkosh, a normal 2 hour trip that took over 4 hours. Our
departure
was IFR until we descended to 2000 ft MSL under a broken layer over Wisconsin.
We stopped at Hartford (KHXF) to top up with fuel as there were already
many planes in the arrival sequence, even before the first waypoint. We got
part way in the arrival when the airport was closed due to a couple of landing
incidents (gusty cross winds), so we diverted to Dodge City (KUNU) and waited
a couple of hours. We then joined the arrival about 15 miles from the first
waypoint
and proceeded inbound. While on downwind over the airport, we were told
there was safety equipment on the runway and to just stay in the pattern with
3 other aircraft. We did 4 circuits and were finally cleared to land. We landed
with the same amount of fuel as we had added at Hartford! The photos are over
Lake Michigan and traffic on the arrival.

There were 21 people at the Europa forum with 4 from the UK and 2 from NZ. This
is the biggest attendance ever! Everyone introduced themselves and their
project.
We talked about a fly in at Rough River, the recent club survey, ethanol
fuel and Erich Trombley described his new E-Props design and his initial
evaluation.
Many walked to where the three monowheels (Trombley, John Wigney and us)
were parked to examine and ask questions, especially of Erich!

Jim & Heather

Read this topic online here:

Attachments:

http://forums.matronics.com//files/group_130.jpg