Europa-List: Maintenance flight

Subject: Europa-List: Maintenance flight
From: SPURPURA <SPURPURA@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2022 03:38:47

Yesterdays test flight to dial in the pitch setting on the Whirlwind CS
propeller

was interesting. I was at 8500 in an expanding orbit around the airport, theres
a loud bang followed by severe vibration about 7 miles from the runway.
Immediately
turned towards the airport watching the ASI drop from 120 to 65 and the
VSI indicator showing a 1500 a minute decent. Reducing the power settles some
of the vibration and lots of forward stick keeps the airspeed about 65 and sink
rate about 1000 FPM. I landed safely on a dry lake about 4 miles short of the
airport. Made a great landing with no damages.Looks like one of the propeller
blades went into a beta position. Approximately 3 hours on propeller since
overhauled.

--------
N951EU - Tri-gear &amp; 912ULS, N77EU- Mono &amp; 914
I'D RATHER HAVE A BOTTLE IN FRONT OF ME THAN A FRONTAL LABOTAMY.

Read this topic online here: