Re: Europa-List: Seat cushion question

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Seat cushion question
From: fklein@orcasonline.com
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2022 15:54:56

> On Feb 14, 2022, at 8:32 AM, n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Despite the effort the result is not quite optimal. After half and
hour in my new seats, my tailbone starts to kill me.

> My suspicion is that I need more thigh support (because the high feet
position and short distance to the pedals forces the thigs up and away
---From the seat) although the theory is that thigh pressure should be
minimal as it causes discomfort and it is best to concentrate most of
the weight on the tip bones at the buttocks (ischial tuberosities for
those inclined to use fancy names :) ).

> I will experiment with a little more thigh support but wondered what
experiences people out there had with the Europa cushion design.

ChrisHere are (first) a couple of photos of my back rest
note that I used a couple scraps of blue & green foam to form a lumbar
support which I=99ve found to be very effective.

I am 6=99-1.

For the seat cushion, I too felt that I was not getting sufficient thigh
support; note that although I extended the blue and green foam forward
of the vertical face of the cockpit module, initially I had not extended
the plywood seat frame enough and had to go back and add to the frame so
it aligned with the foam.

BTW, Beneath my foam seat assembly, I have two thicknesses of 1=9D
rigid insulation.

It works well for meam just now in the process of having ultra
leather covers sewn up for a little =9Cpleat and roll=9D job
which wraps around and is stapled into the plywood frameframe
is 1/8=9D mahogany plywood with edges doubled up for staples
.