RE: Europa-List: Induction cold air plenum

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Induction cold air plenum
From: Steve Ivell <SteveIvell@pestproof.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 14:55:45

Hi Chris

Our Europa is an XS and there is a reasonable clearance such that the bottom of
the NACA scoopsits just above the filter. The gaps around the edges of the
planum
are made up with rubber strip. Seems to work great. Our cowling came from
the factory with lines set into the gelcoat showing the position to cut out the
hole for the scoop......made life easy.

I guess your plenum could be fairly easily cut down to give you the required
position.
So my idea would be to cut out a strip and glass the two halves back together.
I hope that make sense......and good luck.

Kind Regards

Steve Ivell
G-STES
XS 912s Hightop with a wobbly prop.