Re: Europa-List: Tucson Fly-In & Jack McKenzie's First Flight of N523WS

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Tucson Fly-In & Jack McKenzie's First Flight of N523WS
From: MIKE CHRISTINE DUANE <duanefamly@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2021 15:16:46

Hey Rob,
If youd like to get together, Id love to come over and see your build. Im pretty
sure this Thursday is the only day I have anything planned. So just let me know
and Ill work it in.
Mike Duane
Chandler, AZ

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 14, 2021, at 11:40 AM, Robert Piskorski <rv9a2000@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Thank you for the invite and the video.  It was a great pleasure to meet you
all and it definitely inspired me on my refurbishing attempts.  Since that
weekend,
I have done more work on my Europa in the last week then in the last year.
> Although, I have discovered more major new issues (major to me) that I did not
plan for, I still feel confident that my Europa will be back in the air by Oct
of next year.

> Regardless of my progress, I welcome and will attend any local events that may
come up so I can keep my motivation going.  And once my Europa is done, my plan
is to attend more events that are not so local.

> Once again, thank you for all of your hospitality and great technical input.
Hope to talk to and see you all soon again.

> Rob
>
>> On Dec 14, 2021, at 9:53 AM, danbish99 <bdanbish@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> December 4th was the first flight of Jack McKenzie's awesome tri-gear,
>> N523WS.
The following day we gathered with two other Europas, Erich Trombley flew his
monowheel from Las Vegas, NV and Mike Duane flew his conventional gear from
Chandler, AZ, followed by a terrific dinner hosted by Jack & Alice McKenzie at
their home in Green Valley, AZ just south of Tucson.

page - you can view it here at https://youtu.be/OiWx4lo8EIs

>> We plan to make this an annual event, probably sometime around mid-October,
so if you're interested in attending, let me or Jim Butcher know.