Europa-List: Oil temperature issue during climb

Subject: Europa-List: Oil temperature issue during climb
From: HB-YNK <marcel.bo@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2021 13:17:40

Hi all,

I'm having some trouble with my oil temperature during climbing. The oil
temperature
rises quite fast into yellow arc and would rise further without interrupt
the climbing phase. During horizontal flight everything is good.

I do have an Rotax 914, with the lowered oil radiator and a small lip at the
outlet
behind the radiator. Last flight was below zero degrees and still a big issue.
I guess it all comes from the angle of attack, that gives turbulence's into
the main air channel.

Do you have any ideas how I could improve this issue?

How about removing the oil thermostat?

Many thanks

Marcel

XS Mono, Rotax 914, HB-YNK