Europa-List: Shortening flap cross-tube.

Subject: Europa-List: Shortening flap cross-tube.
From: Ron Jones <jron.jones@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 09:32:01
Hi All,

It's 25 years or so since I built my mono so things are a little hazy but all
the
talk about slide hammers, heat guns etc sounds pretty horrific to me.

As you are talking in terms of 1 - 2 mm, why not shorten the flap - at the tip
end of course - allowing it to move outwards?

The "springiness" in the flap hinges would accept that without damage, I would
think, or adding spacers might be best

The glass flange at the flap tip could stand a mil. or two sanding-off without
weakening.

Good luck with whatever way you fix it.

All the best,

Ron jones.