Re: Europa-List: Re: G-GIWT air tests

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: G-GIWT air tests
From: Scott Dingman <sldpileit@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2021 15:37:49
 Please remove me from all lists thank you sldpileit@aol.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Twigg <alan.twigg775@gmail.com>
Sent: Sat, Jun 12, 2021 11:01 am

Thanks Jim, I put an antenna=C2- behind the cockpit in the roof, the ferr
ite sleeve seems to have fixed the problem, tommorrow I will fly to prove i
t.
Alan

Sent from my iPhone

> On 12 Jun 2021, at 15:29, h&amp;jeuropa <butcher43@att.net> wrote:

t.net>

> Alan,
> The trim motor is located very close to the comm antenna if your antenna
is located in the rudder flange per the manual.=C2- If the comm antenna i
s not well tuned, there may be excessive radiation from it that interferes
with the trim motor.=C2- I'd suggest you check the standing wave ratio (S
WR) of the comm antenna at different frequencies.=C2-

> You might try wrapping the trim motor in conductive foil (aluminum foil)
to see if shielding it solves the problem.=C2-

> Ferrite sleeves often do not solve the problem as they are not universal
and the ones that are readily available are not correct for our VHF frequen
cies.=C2- I tried a lot of ferrite sleeves when I had my Blue Mountain EF
IS trying to solve problems with very little success.

> Jim
>

> Read this topic online here:

S -
WIKI -
 -
=C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- =C2- -Matt Dralle, List Admin.