Europa-List: De-Coupling Flaps & Outriggers

Subject: Europa-List: De-Coupling Flaps & Outriggers
From: Erich Trombley <erichdtrombley@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 08:36:16
=EF=BBHello James,

I de-coupled my flaps and outriggers during the initial build.  That sai
d, my outriggers are not stock, rather my own design that retract flush
into the wings.  I use a linear actuator to raise and lower the outrigge
rs which are interlocked with the main gear.   For the the flaps I insta
lled the tri-gear flap motor which has worked well.  The installation ca
n be done as a retro fit, albeit with a lot of work.

Below is a photo taken at Oshkosh.  I had just taken off and was in the
process of raising the gear and flaps when the photo was taken.  Another
 second or so and the plane would have been cleaned up.  Oh well, it
=99s still a great photo.

Erich Trombley
N28ET Classic Mono 914

Choose to be safer online.
Opt-in to Cyber Safety with NortonLifeLock.
Get Norton 360 with LifeLock starting at $9.95/month.*
https://store.netzero.net/account/showService.do?serviceId=nz-nLifeLoc
k&utm_source=mktg&utm_medium=taglines&utm_campaign=nzlifelk_launch
&utm_content=tag995&promoCode=A23457