Europa-List: Re: De-Coupling Flaps & Outriggers

Subject: Europa-List: Re: De-Coupling Flaps & Outriggers
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2021 06:22:35

Thanks for the advice guys. Question to the last poster: Have you found
limitations
related to cross country flying because of wind conditions with the standard
mono? Not referring to those extremes when you have 20 knots direct crosswind.

David, I am going to reply to Bud's message on my vents posting but in a
nutshell:
I am doing fantastic in low wind conditions. I can be so precise as to feel
the tailwheel just skipping of the ground with the main still in the air. It's
really neat and fun. It's when it gets bumpy that my precision goes out the
door but yesterday I went out to practice with almost 10 knots of xwind (it gets
bumpy in our field because of trees) and I did fine but was not holding the
nose high enough. One go around out of four approaches. Getting there.

Just trying to asses the true capabilities of the mono as a dependable xcountry
machine. But not giving up on my pretty mono yet!!

Chris

Read this topic online here: