Re: Europa-List: Re: Water Drain

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Re: Water Drain
From: Alan Burrill <alanb@dpy01.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2021 20:41:52

Not sure what your unhappiness is with mod 33. It was done by builder on mine
but
not with long pipes to the back. The drains are just slightly forward of the
tank, tri-gear, but use the essential hardware of Mod33.

Having just changed the aged rubbers sealing the outlets into the tank, replaced
with fuel proof silicon, I agree its not an easy area to work in.

Alan

Sent from my iPad

> On 10 May 2021, at 16:10, Matt Dovey <mattdovey@hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
>

> Griffo thanks for the input mate. I know all that, I work on aircraft for a
> living.
I didnt build the plane unfortunately. If I had it would have had the drain
valves. Having had the tank outlets out recently i'm in no hurry to revisit
that nightmare. However if there is an alternative to Mod 33 then that may
be an option. The thing has been flying for 20 odd years without them. The mod
is "optional" if your running the thing on Avgas and mandatory (in the UK) if
using mogas!  Never came across an aircraft without drains before.