Europa-List: Re: Idle adjustment

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Idle adjustment
From: JonathanMilbank <jdmilbank@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2021 05:27:29

Sorry that the aircraft's away for a while, being used by a friend elsewhere. A
photo wouldn't be much use, because it's up to each person to make a penny
washer
into a gentle spiral / cam by filing the edge progressively nearer to the
washer hole, about halfway around the circumference.

It's trial and error, to suit the distance between the back of the throttle
lever
and the aft bolt holding the throttle quadrant box in place. Another way to
do it might be to follow the instructions in Mod.20, making a plate as shown
but slotting the bolt hole to allow fore and aft movement of the plate.

My method with the penny washer is similar but on a smaller scale to the
rotating
parking brake methods I've seen on a couple of Europa monos.

Read this topic online here: