RE: Europa-List: Voltage regulator connection

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Voltage regulator connection
From: Brian Davies <brian.davies44@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2021 09:35:56

Hi Paul,

That is the common failure mode for that connection.  I am not sure that the
black connector block adds anything to the security of the installation.  It
is an easy way to connect all of the regulator wires in one go but it masks
the physical state of the spade terminals.  I always check that each
individual terminal is secure after installation.  In my current new build I
am considering leaving the black plastic bit off and simply protecting each
individual terminal with heat shrink insulation. This would enable a good
physical inspection of each terminal during routine checks.

Brian Davies