Europa-List: Re: Cruise speed data for Monowheel with 912ULS

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Cruise speed data for Monowheel with 912ULS
From: Griffo <scangriffin@bigpond.com.au>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2021 16:53:36

Chris, 3 points:

Detonation will reduce the service life of your engine ie longevity.

The description of fuel for your country/location may not be easily interpreted
in another;  In Australia we have two grades of unleaded automotive
petrol/gasoline
(ULP/MoGas) that are appropriate for use in Rotax 91 engines - 95 RON &
98 RON (RON stands for Research Octane Rating). We do have an ethanol blend at
10% known as E10, however I have yet to hear of anyone using it.

Testing on the "shelf life" of 95 & 98 RON has shown, if stored in an airtight
container, at or above 75% capacity,  both fuels will maintain their quality for
6 + months. If stored in a vented/open container (eg an aircraft fuel tank)
loss of volatile fractions is quite quick (going off within two weeks) with the
fuel loosing mainly those fractions that assist in starting. The addition of
a significant fresh top up will restore the whole fuel supply to almost  100%

--------
46

Read this topic online here: