Europa-List: Sun 'n Fun Lakeland 13-18 April, 2021

Subject: Europa-List: Sun 'n Fun Lakeland 13-18 April, 2021
From: budyerly@msn.com <budyerly@msn.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2021 18:27:09

The weather here in central Florida is ideal.
60F in the morning and 80F in the afternoon.
Sun 'n Fun should be an enjoyable time this year.

I'm sorry so many of you are locked down, but in the land of Florida we have
defied,
are healthy and thrived and are flying.  Anita and I have both had our
vaccinations
(but we both think we actually had Covid symptoms last year, luckily
without serious problems) and are ready:  "Have mask, Will Travel."

I'm preparing to set up shop at Sun 'n Fun in spot N55 again compliments of
Airmaster
Propellers.  The display aircraft was to be an Airmaster client with a
brand new Pipistrel, but his aircraft has broken down (a 912iS having electrical
issues).  So I'm pushing as fast as I can to get my old plane cleaned up.
Of course I decided to do a top overhaul on my Rotax, repaint some dings, and
as one would expect, things are running, dripping and leaking under the hood,
so I'm pushing to get 12AY buttoned up and test flown ASAP.

>From the calls and emails I'm getting, it looks like a number of folks are
>hoping
to come down.

Weather for the week looks excellent, but pesky fronts to our north may make
flying
to Lakeland somewhat challenging.

Personally, I've just heard my two sons are both going to be living in the
Southeast
US (Alabama and Virginia) for the next year or so and I will finally have
someplace to fly on a weekend, weather permitting, for this summer and next
year.  It has been a long dry spell for me doing any cross country for sure.
I only put 22 hours on my plane last year.

Please open up over in Europe as my granddaughter and grandson's birthdays are
in August/September and Oktoberfest in Germany would be a nice time to visit
with
my daughter near Ramstein Germany.

Looking forward to seeing you all that can break out of lockdown.

Bud and Anita Yerly

Read this topic online here: