Europa-List: Re: Wobbly altimeter and ASI

Subject: Europa-List: Re: Wobbly altimeter and ASI
From: n7188u <chmgarb@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2021 20:15:55

Thanks for the reply Ron.

I have a 912 ULS, Woodcomp Klassic ground adjustable prop.

In case you wonder the plane as flown weighs 765 lbs. The airplane is unpainted,
no interior (just Zolatine paint), no cushion on the right side, no carpets.
Minimal wiring, no transponder (yet), single Becker radio, tablet for nav. I
wanted to see what it did when light and boy does it leap of the ground. We have
a short displaced threshold and didn't even made it to the end of the bars.
And that is with only 5300 rpm. Lets see what happens when I lower the pitch
a little :). It was fun (may keep it like this for a little while). Well, the
transponder/ADSB will go in soon if I want to go anywhere.

Thanks for the info on the probe. Will review. I purged the lines today just in
case (but doubt water was in there). I suspect issues with the bullet tip. If
problem persists will tape over the two vertical holes and only leave the
horizontal
ones. I wonder if at high angle of attack the two vertical ones play tricks
with the static pressure.

Best,
Chris

Read this topic online here: