Re: Europa-List: How to properly hoist a Europa Trigear

Subject: Re: Europa-List: How to properly hoist a Europa Trigear
From: david park <dpark748@me.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 23:16:47
To raise the nose wheel I use at least two 30 liter cans of fuel/water to we
igh down the tail with a padded strop over the fuselage in front of the fin.

To service main wheels I use the method described using a piece of steel tub
e pushed in to the axle, a jack and a piece of 1 inch ply to support the leg
.
Dave Park G-LDVO

> On 21 Sep 2020, at 22:17, Erik Dahlb=C3=A4ck <erik@erikdahlbeck.com> wrote
:

> =EF=BB
> Thanks,
>
> Am I correct in assuming that the aforementioned metal rod (would a sturdy
 tube do?) goes in where the attachment for the wheel pants goes in? Or does
 that one somehow fit into something else that is mounted within the wheel a
xis? (please see attached photo)

> Any other options BTW? What if you needed to work on the landing gear stru
t for an example, and didn't want the fuselage to be standing on it?

> I saw that suggestion about suspending the fuselage from the engine mounts
 and the tail. My local mechanic who's helping me with all this wasn't very f
ond at all of that idea.

> / Erik
>
>> On 2020-09-18 12:46, Karl Heindl wrote:
>> HI Erik,
>> Use an aluminium or steel rod, can't remember the diameter, and push into
 the leg, first remove the cotter pin. Length should be at least 50cm. then j
ack it up with your hydraulic jack. You can now remove the wheel up to the j
ack.
>> Now place a block of wood under the leg end and lower the jack and remove
 it, and the wheel.
>> For the nose  gear I had an eye bolt mounted in the garage floor. Then us
ed a  ratcheting strap just
>> ahead of the fin, looped through the eye bolt, and lowered the tail that w
ay. Or get someone to push down the tail.

tronics.com> on behalf of Erik Dahlb=C3=A4ck <erik@erikdahlbeck.com>

 <erik@erikdahlbeck.com>