Re: Europa-List: Rear wing root socket problems

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rear wing root socket problems
From: Erik Dahlbäck <erik@erikdahlbeck.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2020 23:27:15
Thank you Bud, Duncan and others for your input.

David Stanbridge reached out to me in response to my post here and I've
E-mailed them the pictures as well. Their recommendation was to remove
the rust and oil it to prevent further corrosion.

Now, my local mechanic and I decided to have me paint the W26A using
"hammer paint" after sanding. Here's to hoping that the parts will still
fit. It shouldn't rust anymore anyway...

The way I recall it, the W26B was correctly oriented when we found the
totally broken one. However, it had almost fallen off so I can't be
sure. The port side one however, which I later discovered to be cracked
as well, was correctly oriented. That is if I remember correctly. I
might again here just be assuming it was installed correctly due to
having read the builder's manual afterwards.

And yes, I am a member of the Europa Club and will sure check out the
914-tips, thank you all.

/ Erik